From Chemical Engineering @ UP wiki
- Go the TeamViewer download page
- Choose the operating system that is running on your desktop or laptop
- Click on the "Download TeamViewer" button which will download TeamViewer
- Run the installer
- Choose the type of installation:
- Basic installation
- Used to remotely connect to a another person's desktop with the person being present.
- Installation to access this computer remotely (unattended)
- If you want to connect to the desktop or laptop you are installing Teamviewer on without the presence of any other person. You will most likely do this if you want remote access to another machine eg. your machine at home while you are on campus.
- Run only (one time use)
- Same as the Basic installation but it is only for a single use.
- Choose how you are planing to use Teamviewer and click on the "Accept-finish" button.
Using TeamViewer to connect remotely to another machine
In this section remote will refer to the machine you want to access remotely and the host will refer to as the machine you are connecting from.
- Make sure TeamViewer is installed on the remote.
- Enter the generated ID of the remote in the Partner ID box.
- The remote and host IDs can be found on the left hand side of the TeamViewer window as "Your ID"
- Choose the action you want to take "Remote control" or "File transfer" and click the "Connect to partner" button.
- A window will appear asking for a password. Enter the remote password and click the "Log On" button.
- The remote and host passwords can be found on the left hand side of the TeamViewer window as "Password".
- You are now connected remotely.